- Not technically Silver Spring, but might as well be: Harris Teeter is going to open a location on the ground floor of a new development planned for the intersection of Georgia and Eastern, just across the border in DC. The store is tentatively scheduled to open in Fall of 2016, which seems a long way off, but when you take into account the pace things happen around here, that can be considered 'soon'. Remember when we were hearing about the Harris Teeter that was going to be part of the Falkland Chase development? That was 2008, and that project still hasn't broken ground. I think it's safe to assume now that it will ultimately not include a Harris Teeter.
- According to Twitter, Scion Restaurant's Silver Spring location opens today at 5.
- Not open yet, but hopefully soon: Pete's New Haven Pizza. They've already installed their six pizza ovens.
If you join their email list, you have the chance of being invited to their 'practice run' before they open to the public.
- I don't know exactly when they made the update, but Google has recently refreshed their Street View imagery for Silver Spring. I believe the actual photos may have been taken last summer. You can now use it to see the Transit Center prior to Foulger-Pratt taking down their corporate banner in shame. (Just kidding - they clearly have no shame.)
- If you can stomach reading even more about the Transit Center, here's another extensive article on this CF from the Post.
- Perhaps having to repeatedly stop and look at this depressing and lifeless Transit Center on a daily basis was what drove this poor Metro car to commit suicide by self-immolation last week.
|Thanks to BG for the pic.|
It's certainly not the first suicidal/homicidal transit vehicle in Silver Spring.