|This is a real product.|
- There was some concern in the comments of my last post that the lack of construction activity at the new Scion location in South Silver Spring might indicate that they had changed their mind about coming to Silver Spring. Not so, says Scion, though they can't say exactly when they will open:
@sssingular No exact date just yet, but 2013 for sure. We'll let you know when we have more details. Thanks and see you soon!
— Scion Restaurant (@ScionRestaurant) January 3, 2013
- After closing nearly a full year ago as the result of a fire, Fenton Street's Sushi Jin looks to be finally be returning, as indicated by recently-posted signage.
|Thanks to ML for posting on this blog's FB page.|
- The new La Madeline also has its signage up.
- Incredibly, the downtown Silver Spring McDonald's was DIY on Christmas day:
@sssingular While searching for coffee Xmas day I discovered that Mcdonalds is closed but they door is unlocked #Classy twitter.com/BlochMatheson/…
— Funemployment (@BlochMatheson) December 25, 2012
- Apartment rents in Silver Spring are going up, which I guess is why rather than build commercial buildings, they continue to construct apartments like the Eleven55 Ripley, which just became the tallest building in downtown Silver Spring. Also, the post office on 2nd Avenue has now been demolished to make way for even more apartments:
|Thanks to JT for the photo.|
- Amazon Local currently has a deal for $20 at Taqueria Distrito Federal for ten bucks. It's good for the next six days.
- A six-year-old in Silver Spring made national news this week when he was suspended from school for "pointing his finger like a gun". (The suspension has since been rescinded.) The real lesson here is that teachers and staff at elementary schools should always be pointing their fingers like guns.