- Home Properties has put the entire Falkland Chase complex up for sale. Surprising, considering all their efforts to get their plans to redevelop the north parcel approved.
- After being open for just two years, Fire Station 1 is getting a new owner and a makeover. I still have never stepped foot inside this place.
|Thanks to Jerry McCoy for the photo.|
- As you may have already read in the comment threads of previous posts, we're getting a Cricket Wireless store next to the County Liquor store on Colesville road. Meh, right? I guess it beats an empty storefront. (Barely.)
- This is the oldest house in Silver Spring, in case you were curious.
- MajesticWatch Update: Went to see the new Bond flick on Saturday night and ticket lines were out the door. Total employees manning the box office at the time: three - and one appeared to be a manager lending a hand. The Majestic must be one of the highest volume theaters in the chain, yet management always appears to skimp on staffing.
- From the archives of the Baltimore Sun, here's the downtown Silver Spring "Silver Triangle" retail and commercial project that never was. This would have been the intersection of Georgia and Colesville.