- Yeah, so about the Silver Spring Zombie Walk... For various reasons which you can read about here, it's not happening this year, though there are a few other zombie-related activities scheduled (thanks to Eric of Thayeravenue.com). Personally, I had come to the conclusion that the Zombie Walk had peaked and was struggling with ideas on how to take it to the proverbial next level. Any ideas are welcome, as there's nothing to keep us from reviving it in the future - the Zombie Walk is not dead, it's just undead. Maybe you could put the money you'll save on your costume towards decorating your lawn.
I flirted with the idea of submitting an application to the county to request that zombies be allowed to participate in this year's Thanksgiving parade in Silver Spring, but I never followed through because I am lazy and I wasn't entirely sure they'd approve it. However, if there's interest I may do it next year.
- I recently unearthed in a stack of papers an old receipt from the now-defunct Silver Spring Borders Books. To its credit, Borders kept it real and never caved to pressure from the geographically correct police, keeping "Silver Springs" atop its receipts to its dying day. Bravo to them.
- The 6th Annual South Silver Spring Street Fest is this Saturday from 12-6.
- The former Ritz Camera location at the corner of Fenton St. & Roeder Rd. will be soon be occupied by an Hour Eyes store, which, while a tad boring, still beats an empty storefront. Surprisingly, a hair and nail salon didn't move in first. I kind of miss Ritz - it was convenient for when you just needed a small number of prints.That being said, $1.40 print orders aren't going to pay the rent.
|Thanks to O.D. for the pic!|
- The asking price of the revised-address Homicide House is now down to $429K. The price seems to drop $10K every couple weeks, so it should be free in a year or two.