- Now available in a variety of colors - City Sports Silver Spring t-shirts:
- I'm happy to report that the Chipotle in Four Corners is now open for business. It has a more sleek and modern interior than other Chipotles I've been to, and they actually had pretty good music playing (loudly). Glad to have one up in the '01, though one negative consequence appears to be a notably more crowded parking lot at the Woodmoor Shopping center.
- There's a neighborhood called Silver Spring East of Colesville Road? (SSEoCR?)
- Remember all the talk of a youth curfew? That whole effort is basically in limbo for the foreseeable future. I was so sick of hearing about the damn thing I'm just glad it's over, regardless of the outcome. Now hopefully the council can get back to banning panhandlers at intersections.
- Another new law the county may institute is one targeting perpetrators of so-called "flash mob thefts" like the one that occurred last month at the 7-11 up on Tech Road. The new law would make each participant criminally liable for the total value of good stolen, not just the handful of candy bars, etc. they take. I'm wondering how much they followed up on the Tech Road robbery, considering everyone involved was clearly visible on camera.
- Hey look, the latest battle in the Fox-news-manufactured "War on Christmas" is being waged up in Aspen Hill! A group of uninvited Christmas carolers were ejected from the premises after spreading their holiday cheer inside their local U.S. Post Office.
A spokesman for the U.S. Postal Service confirmed the incident occurred Saturday at branch office in the Aspen Hill Shopping Center. A trio of carolers walked into the building dressed in attire reminiscent of Charles Dickens and began singing.The only offensive thing here is the is the author's obvious failure to take advantage of a great opportunity to use the word "Dickensian".
- Finally, it's incredible that with the legion of security employed by the Majestic, someone from Team Jacob was still able to abscond with a cardboard cutout of Taylor Lautner from this giant Breaking Dawn display in the theater's lobby.