Sorry for the lack of posts as of late... some of this may be old news, but I'm still playing catch up. More to come.
- Work is proceeding in earnest on the construction of the new City Sports on Fenton Street. Here's hoping they carry "City Sports Silver Spring" t-shirts, though in all likelihood they'll instead stock D.C. t-shirts like this one.
- Travel time from Silver Spring to Bethesda during rush hour on the Purple Line? 8 1/2 minutes. Of course, by the time it is ultimately built, molecular transporters will have been invented, making the light rail line a 22nd century C&O Canal.
- The temporary toy store in the former Borders is set to open today, at least according to a sign on the door. (Still waiting on that H&M, by the way.) We need to start commercializing additional holidays in order to fill all this empty retail space. Halloween and Christmas only cover a few months.
- The takeaway from this article is that Ghar-e-Kabab is expanding their dining area. Good on them.
- The sushi and steakhouse restaurant opening in what was once Ceviche is going through an identity crisis: first it was Nobu Hibachi Steakhouse and Sushi, then it was Haruhana Hibachi Steakhouse & Sushi, and now it's Masa Hibachi Steakhouse & Sushi.