- The word on the street is that the proprietor of Pacci's may be considering opening an Italian trattoria in the former Forest Glen location of the recently-closed General Store. This would certainly be a welcome development if true. (When you are your own landlord, you don't have to worry about deadbeat tenants.) UPDATE: This is confirmed.
- There's a new entrant in the ever-expanding Silver Spring mobile food scene. A truck specializing in kati rolls has been operating this week around the intersection of Georgia and Colesville. Kati rolls are a popular Indian street food and consist of various fillings wrapped in an Indian flatbread. As my place of employ is outside of Silver Spring I never get a chance to sample any of these trucks during their weekday visits, but this one certainly sounds delicious. I don't know if this particular truck has a twitter feed or website, but if I find either one I'll let you know.
|mmmmmm.... kati rolls|
- ThayerAvenue.com points out that a new speed camera has been installed on Georgia Avenue at Woodside Parkway.
- The warm weather is back, so of course that means more troublemakers frequenting DTSS at night. There was a fight on Wednesday (Wednesday, really?) evening during which a shot was reportedly fired. Fun!
- Finally, please welcome Silver Spring, Singular's first ever intern. I've long felt that the blog hasn't represented the youth voice of Silver Spring and wanted to do something rectify that. By "youth" I don't mean angry skateboarding teens, but the sub-one-year-old demographic. With that in mind, last Thursday I took on an apprentice blogger, Sligo, Jr.
In the future, look for his coverage of such vital topics as the best places to nap and poop around dowtnown Silver Spring as well as in-depth reviews of the changing tables of local establishments. Sure, right now he can't read or type or even see more than a foot in front of him, but he'll get up to speed soon enough.
|He's a bit shy.|