- Time is running out to skate our new ice rink - its final day of operation this season is next Sunday. Rink management: perhaps you could provide some larger-sized training buckets for adults next winter? Uh, not that I would need one or anything...
- The Silver Spring Fillmore is coming along quite nicely and is still on schedule for a fall opening. (And by "on schedule", I of course mean years later than it ought to have been...) It's only a matter of time now before Jay-Z concertgoers will be terrorizing The Community!
On that subject, I do have to issue a small mea culpa: at the time the supposed threat of a hypothetical Jay-Z concert was a real topic of discussion on local message boards, I scoffed at the idea that he would ever play a smaller venue like the Fillmore. Turns out, he actually did perform at a different Fillmore earlier that same month, so my bad. Of course, Silver Spring is not Miami.
To get regular construction updates and to view more photos, be sure to like the
- The Fenton Street Market is scheduled to return April 30th, and as was the case at the conclusion of last season, it will take place on Veterans Plaza each Saturday. Before the full market returns there will be two other FSM-related events taking place on the Plaza: The Silver Spring Bling Handmade Jewelry Expo on Saturday, April 9th and the Kids Fest and Rock-N-Romp, held a week later on the 16th.
- If you haven't already, there's still time to take advantage of this week's Living Social deal offering two movie tickets from Fandango for just $9. Tickets for shows at the Majestic 20 can be purchased through Fandango, and considering the regular $22 cost of two adult passes at this theater, nine bucks is a bargain. (Note that unfortunately the coupon isn't redeemable for tickets to the "IMAX Experience".)
- More on Cake Love's move and FroZenYo's impending arrival from The Gazette.
- And finally, check out the caption on the photo attached to this story. I can't say I've ever seen this error made in reverse. Perhaps it's time for someone in Florida to start a blog entitled "Silver Springs, Plural"...