The Inaugural Silver Spring Zombie Walk is fast approaching, and there's only about ten days left to get your costumes in order!
For the most part, zombie costumes can be made cheaply and easily, but if you take pride in your undead appearance you'll want to take a few extra steps to perfect your look. Fortunately, making zombie costumes is nothing new, so there's a ton of resources out there.
The following are some websites with tips on creating a great costume:
- Expert Village - How to Make a Zombie Costume (Some great how-to videos here.)
- Zombie Maker - The Definitive Zombie Make Up and Costume Guide
- wikiHow - How to Look Like a Zombie. They also have a page dedicated to the essential art of making fake blood.
- Gorify - Zombie makeup tips
- 365 Halloween - How to make a zombie costume with makeup
(If you want to know how to move and act like a Zombie, I highly recommend watching the scene in Shaun of the Dead that takes place just before they infiltrate the zombie mob.)
There are plenty of places around town where you should be able to find a lot of the necessary makeup items. There's the temporary Halloween shop located on the Ellsworth Promenade as well as another costume shop hidden back on Brookville Road, not far from downtown. For zombie clothing, I highly recommend hitting up a local Salvation Army or Goodwill retail store.
Based on the response I've seen thus far, I expect a great turnout for the walk. Remember, the gathering begins at The Quarry House at 8PM on November 1st. Don't miss it!
Oh, and if you aren't participating, please do not use one of these on me. Remember, it's just a costume...