This will likely be my last post for awhile, as I will shortly be departing for exotic locales with limited access to The Internets. Don't burn the place down while I'm gone.
Before I go, here's some miscellaneous tidbits I had lying around:
- Spike Lee will be honored at this year's SilverDocs festival. To kick off the event, Spike will throw a ceremonial garbage can through the window of DiMarco's.
- Goddamn kids! This Mosqito anti-loitering device would be perfect for outside the Majestic. How much could this $1,500 device save the save the county on police overtime? It's already been used by a movie theater owner in Massachusetts. (Unrelated, but a few weekends back I drove down Fenton on a Friday night and there was a big group of kids clustered around the Chick-fil-A staring in the window. There were a bunch of cops there, too. Anyone know what that was all about?)
- According to reader "b", someone broke into the tatoo parlor on Fenton street and attempted to break through the wall to the Atlantic Guns using a sledgehammer. Unsuccessful, he eventually gave up and left. Danny Ocean he 'aint.
- A Post writer talks about some of his "Third Places" in downtown Silver Spring.
- Also from the Post - details on this Saturday's Forest Glen Seminary tour. I don't know why, but that place always creeped me the hell out. At least in it's dilapidated state.