- Here's an article on the growth of the Fillmore chain of concert venues and how Live Nation has fixed up venues that have been converted to Fillmores.
Performers have noted increased professionalism, better sound quality, and tighter security at the Fillmore-ized venues. But the patrons are the same, they added.Of course, our Fillmore is a defunct department store that has sat empty for 20 years, so anything is a huge improvement. (As an aside, I love that the author's name is Chalupa.)
- Is this what we can look forward to with a light rail line through Silver Spring? I hope so! Trains hitting cars never gets old. It ranks just below cars jumping through open boxcars on moving trains and just above trains just barely missing cars, leaving the cops stuck on the other side of the tracks.
- The Silver Spring Olazzo is now open. I may give it a shot this weekend.
- Has anyone received a reply from Consolidated Theatres?
- The Silver Spring Library Book Fest is tomorrow from 10-3. As usual, the dealers will have purchased all the good books in the first five minutes, so go early.