Happy Independence Day! Unfortunately Silver Spring does not host a formal celebration, so the Takoma Park fireworks show may have to suffice.
- Who wants a Quik-E-Mart? I dooooooo...
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm jealous of P.G. County. For some - inexplicable reason, a marketing genius from 7-11 chose Bladensburg of all places in the D.C. metro area as a place to convert a store into a Quik-E-Mart. They probably just looked at a map and said "hey, it's between Baltimore and D.C., let's put it there". Four Corners would have been a much better choice, IMO. Look at all the traffic that comes down 29 every morning. All I know is if that Comic Book Guy on the front wall isn't firmly attached , it's coming with me.
- Councilwoman Valerie Ervin is trying to get the recently-increased paid parking hours rolled back to what they used to be.
- Lewis Black was hilarious on Friday. Did anyone reading this go to the show at Springbrook?
- Like, I am TOTALLY going to see The Terminator at the AFI. The theatre's "Films of the 80's" retrospective begins Friday.
- The "no photos in DTSS" story made it to Boing Boing and the Post. Again. I am hoping that tomorrow's "Photo Walk" will be the end of it. I sympathize with the people who are all heated about this, but there are more important things to protest against.
If you do want to participate in the protest, it meets up at noon on the "Turf". I may check it out, but only because I may be nearby for the 12:30 show of Transformers...
- The “Living Goddess” whom I mentioned in an earlier post may have been permitted to take photos in DTSS, but was stripped of her divinity for visiting Silver Spring. (Among other places.)
Keep it in the Neighborhood
1 week ago