I decided to return to the Apartmentratings.com page for the Enclave apartments in White Oak, as it was so entertaining the first time around. I was curious to see if the reviews had gotten any more favorable since they started their "renovations". From the comments left by tenants over the past thirteen months, it sure doesn't seem like it:
- "there is a citation from the state on our elevators that assure 'substantial probability of death or physical injury'"Of course, I can see how out-of-towners might be tricked into renting through the official website, which makes it look serene (and clean) by utilizing bogus photos from other buildings. Hmmmm, I didn't realize the Enclave rented giant lofts.
- "BELIEVE EVERY BAD THING YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS PLACE"
- "[The roaches] got to the point that they didn't even run anymore when they saw me, preferring to almost ask me how my day was while using my Playstation 2."
- "one day the ceiling fell through covering my bathroom in raw sewage"
- "Please, please do not live here!!!"
- "Roaches were coming out of my sink and dishwasher by the dozens. I bleach my counter tops everyday and keep a spotless kitchen, but they are everywhere. They are called German cockroaches and my cabinets are infested with them. I rarely buy groceries anymore and I keep them in a suitcase."
- "I would have been happier being homeless."
- "I would not recommend this place for even an animal."