Work has been incredibly busy the past couple weeks, hence the lack of posts during that time. I’ve still managed to cobble together a few miscellaneous Silver Spring tidbits, so here you go…
- The old Storehouse Furniture location at Georgia and Ellsworth will be the home of the Washington area's first Marimekko store.
The 4,000-square-foot space at 8519 Georgia Ave. (formerly Storehouse Furniture) will house 120 bolts of Marimekko fabric as well as housewares and clothing.
Here's the website for the new store.
- Our old friend of "Tour de Montgomery" fame is back with a follow-up post. Feel free to comment.
- Silver Spring has 300 active gang members. We've even got 12-year-olds stabbing people. I've personally killed way more gang members than that over the past week or so, but of course that was playing Crackdown on my Xbox...
- If you want to see traffic around Silver Spring, Google Maps now has an overlay which displays traffic data. Here it is for Silver Spring. If you want a live view of traffic conditions, you can also view the traffic camera images on the county's website.
- Here's an interesting old postcard for the Villa Rosa restaurant, which was once located at Fenton St. and Ellsworth Dr., now the heart of the "revitalized" Silver Spring.
- Well, it looks like the predicted protests over Discovery’s “Jesus’ Tomb” show never materialized, although the security is still at a higher-than-normal level. Personally I didn’t watch the show, though it is sitting on my DVR awaiting viewing.
- I'm sure everyone's already seen this by now, but the Post had an article on the conversion of the old Silver Spring firehouse to a Hook & Ladder brewpub.
Have a great weekend.