As mentioned earlier this week, Silver Spring will soon be hosting its first-ever restaurant week! I will probably try to hit up one or two restaurants during the week, so perhaps I'll see you there.
Here's the official Restaurant Week info...
Get ready for a mouth-watering, lip-smacking week of great food from Silver Spring restaurants! Join us February 5-11 for Silver Spring Restaurant Week. Co-sponsored by Downtown Silver Spring, the Greater Silver Spring Chamber of Commerce, the Silver Spring Regional Center and The Washington Post, Restaurant Week is the perfect opportunity to dine out. Enjoy Silver Spring Restaurant Week at your “tried and true” or somewhere new.
Participating restaurants will feature prix fixe lunch ($12) and dinner ($22 or $30) menus from Monday, February 5 to Sunday, February 11. In addition to these exclusive Restaurant Week menus, most participating restaurants will also offer standard fare at regular prices. Some restaurants may require reservations during Restaurant Week, so please call ahead.
...and here are the restaurants participating and their respective meal prices:
- Addis Ababa Ethiopian Restaurant -8233 Fenton St.: Lunch $12 Dinner $22
- Asian Bistro - 8537 Georgia Ave.: Dinner $30
- Austin Grill - 919 Ellsworth Dr.: Dinner $30
- Capital Bleu - 8727 Colesville Road: Lunch $12 Dinner $30
- Ceviche - 921-J Ellsworth Dr.: Dinner $30
- Crisfield Seafood Restaurant - 8012 Georgia Ave.: Lunch $12
- Cubano’s - 1201 Fidler Lane: Lunch $12 Dinner $30
- El Aguila Restaurant - 8649 16th St.: Lunch $12 Dinner $22 and $30
- El Nopalito Grill - 2259 Bel Pre Road: Lunch $12 Dinner $22
- Gallery Restaurant & Lounge - 1115 East West Highway: Dinner $30
- Golden Flame Restaurant - 8630 Fenton St.: Lunch $12 Dinner $30
- Jackie’s Restaurant - 8081 Georgia Ave.: Dinner $30
- McGinty's Public House - 911 Ellsworth Dr.: Lunch $12 Dinner $30
- Mi Rancho - 8701 Ramsey Ave.: Lunch $12 (Mon-Fri only)
- Mrs. K's Toll House - 9201 Colesville Road: Lunch $12 Dinner $30
- redDog Cafe - 8301 A Grubb Road: Lunch $12 Dinner $30
- Red Lobster - 8533 Georgia Ave.: Dinner $30
- Redrock Canyon Grill - 928 Ellsworth Ave.: Lunch $12 Dinner $30
- Sergio Ristorante Italiano - 8727 Colesville Road: Lunch $12
- Spring Garden Restaurant - 8613 16th St.: Lunch $12 Dinner $22
- Taste of Jerusalem - 8123 Georgia Ave.: Lunch $12 Dinner $30
- Taste of Morocco - 8661 Colesville Road: Lunch $12 Dinner $22
- Thai at Silver Spring - 921-E Ellsworth Dr.: Lunch $12 Dinner $30
What, no Ruby Tuesday's?
Conspicuously absent from the list: Ray's the Classics & Mandalay
Speaking of Mandalay, I just found out they charge you $1 if you get your food to go. I suppose their rationale is that covers the cost of the plastic containers that hold your food. However, not everyone wants to sit and eat in the restaurant, so that takeout meal is incremental business for them. Granted, it's just a dollar, but that might dissuade me from getting carryout from there (which I do relatively frequently) on general principle.