It's been a slow week...
- South Silver Spring (no, I will not call it SoPo) residents and businesses lament the dearth of parks and parking in that area, according to the Gazette. The Gazette also has an article on the continued redevelopment of the downtown area with quotes the usual bevy of locals who oppose it. Just Up the Pike weighs in on both.
- Silver Spring gets a new police commander.
- Becca's Run, a 5K run & 2 mile walk starts at 8:00 this Saturday morning in Four Corners. Registration information is here.
- The circle of life continues. As one retaurant closes, another one opens.
- Rumors of another new restaurant opening in Silver Spring from Tom Sietsema's Washington Post chat:
Silver Spring, Md.: Hi Tom, Is it true that the chef at Colorado Kitchen is opening a new restaurant in Silver Spring?
Tom Sietsema: If that's true -- SURELY the chef would call me in advance (hint, hint) -- Silver Spring would be very lucky.