- A lot of this may be old news to most of the people who read this and other Silver Spring blogs, but yesterday's Post has an article about the continiung development of downtown Silver Spring.
- The official ribbon cutting for the new "Wheaton" Best Buy is today. I'm sure the ceremony will be attended by dozens of Wheaton luminaries.
- On Monday, a 13-year-old girl was sexually assaulted at the White Oak library. White Oak is not a good place for kids these days.
CORRECTION: The van incident didn't actually happen in White Oak... it was in Long Branch. Long Branch seems to be the other place in Silver Spring where bad stuff tends to happen frequently.
- Here's some interesting photos on Flickr taken of the "models" in the wig shop on Georgia Avenue. This guy is my favorite.
- Remember, the Panda Motorcade will be at the Silver Spring Metro this afternoon at 2:30.
Three lucky people will receive a specially marked ticket entitling them to a private visit with giant pandas Mei Xiang, Tian Tian, and Tai Shan, along with an exclusive VIP tour of Asia Trail and Fujifilm digital camera!
- I've created a small "store" for books about Silver Spring. As you can see, there aren't many out there, and a good portion of them aren't even in print...