- The Magical Montgomery Cultural Fair will be held this Saturday from 1-7 on Ellsworth Rd. in Downtown Silver Spring.
The Festival showcases Montgomery County's arts, humanities, and cultural organizations and give you the chance to experience the rich cultural heritage that continues to blossom in the County.
Here's a list of participants.
- The Gallery Restaurant and Lounge continues to get love from the Post:
Gallery has come out of nowhere over the past few months to become the key venue for house music in the Washington area. There are venues that are bigger, or more underground, or what have you, but not one is bringing in DJs that can touch the lineups at Gallery.
- There was a vicious Rottweiler attack on Tuesday in the "Good Hope" area of Silver Spring.
- Sicilian-style ice cream sandwiches (gelato con brioche) are now available at Moorenko's. Mmmmmmmmmmm Sicilian-style ice cream sandwiches.......
- I received a flyer in the mail yesterday from NVHomes about their new "Atwood Knoll" development. According to the flyer, THIS is the "Heart of Silver Spring", as opposed to, you know, downtown or somewhere.
Based on the house pictures on their website and those on the flyer, NVHomes is pioneer in the newest trend in home design: completely inaccessible garages:
One of the pictures on the flyer, which I didn't get the chance to scan, actually has a stone wall and a row of trees obstructing the garage doors.