I hate Mondays, especially when the Redskins lose. Not that I can get a clear signal for any of The Danny's radio stations to listen to the games from where I live in Silver Spring.
- The Post has an article about the sale of the old Silver Spring Fire Department building.
"We're in no hurry," Heltzel said. "We're not having a fire sale here."Pun intended, presumably.
- The White Oak McDonald's has thrown down the gauntlet in the ongoing battle with the downtown Silver Spring franchise for the title "Worst McDonald's Ever".
- From the police blotter:
On 09-04-06, at 12:30 a.m., a 23 year-old Lanham man was in the parking lot of the Galaxy Night Club in the 8000 block of Georgia Ave. in Silver Spring when a suspect in a white older model Chevy Tahoe drives up. The suspect is just slightly known to the victim. The suspect asks to see the victim’s watch and the victim complies. Then, the suspect drives away with the watch and in the process, tries to run over the victim. The suspect drove down East West Hwy. towards Colesville Road.
It's bad enough stealing a man's watch - is it really necessary to run him down as well?
- On Dr. Gridlock's Post chat today, there's a bit of discussion on commuting downtown on the Metro from Silver Spring vs. driving. The fact that there's even an argument for driving shows that the current Metro routes just aren't cutting it.
- Speaking of driving downtown, the guy who stormed the Capitol building is from Silver Spring.
- Stuckey's is headquartered in downtown Silver Spring? Who knew? (Or cared, for that matter.) That seems kind of random, seeing as there isn't a Stuckey's located remotely close to Silver Spring.