- I've decided instead of making endorsements for the upcoming local elections, I will be making anti-endorsements solely based on which candidates annoy the hell out of me by leaving obnoxious automated messages on my voice mail. So far the candidates I am anti-endorsing are Ida G. Ruben and Valerie Ervin. I've only had my phone number for one week and they are already calling me.
- Apparently the "Space Race" started in a Silver Spring living room.
- The National Trust website has a feature on the old Silver Spring fire station, which is, of course, on the market.
UPDATE: Here is the actual listing for the fire station.
- Here some info on the future Silver Spring location of L.A. Fitness.
- Its perverse, but sometimes when I read the crime reports I have to laugh when I try and recreate the events in my head based on the terse summaries provided:
PINEY BRANCH RD., 8700 block, 10:30 p.m. July 4. A man in a restaurant sat down at the table of a Bladensburg man, 37, hit him on the head with a beer bottle, then left.
SHEPPERTON TERR., 2800 block, 9:41 p.m. July 12. A man was stabbed and a woman suffered an eye injury when she was hit by an ash tray during an argument. Both were taken to a local hospital. An investigation was continuing.
BARBARA ROAD AND COLLIE DRIVE, 9:20 p.m. July 7. Two men asked for change from two Silver Spring men, ages 32 and 46, who complied, then one of them pulled out a gun and fired it in the air. The Silver Spring men fled.