There are some really bad descriptions of so-called "luxury" condominiums/apartments in Silver Spring out there, but I have discovered one building that trumps them all - the Enclave Apartments in White Oak:
Live the dream... We set out to create an extraordinary residence. Using concrete and steel and glass as our canvas, we soon discovered that our creation had transcended our vision. More than a living space, we had captured the dream of a living space. Having come into existence, there could be no other name for it: The Enclave.Great, except there WAS another name for it - Berkshire Towers. Before that it was called the "El Dorado". Can an apartment building hide from it's past by continually changing it's name? I bet that's what the owner is hoping. Here's some highlights ("lowlights"?) of comments from past and current residents on the building from apartmentratings.com:
- "We have lived here for a year. In that time there have been multiple stabbings and a rape."
- "It's routine to have the fire alarm go off in the middle of the night."
- "Bottom line: don't even think about living here."
- "These apartments really need to be imploded, like they do the old casinos in Las Vegas."
- "This has to be the worst place in Silver Spring"
- "Negative 15 on a scale of one to five"
- "This place is pure, unadulterated hell."
- "The worst place ever."
- "Last night I found 4 dead rats in the hallway, and 2 were eating on them."
- "The environmental Protection Agency said in their 18 years in Montgomery County they had never seen Mushrooms growing inside the walls."
Live the dream? Sounds more like a terrible nightmare. These are just a very small sampling of the reviews. If you want hours of entertainment, be sure to read the rest.